Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adorable "Unique" little girl!

So we went in for our second ultrasound to check to make sure the baby is doing well and also to find out the sex of the baby. I was 19.5 weeks and usually they do it at 20 weeks so the technician said she was 85% positive it was a girl. We had a pretty good shot but then again sometimes I wasn't quite sure what we were looking at. For example Donny and I thought we were looking at the head, nope it was her bladder. We got to see her move around in 3D mode and it was the most amazing thing. She was pretty camera shy and had her little fist up by her face for a lot of the time. At one point she rubbed her eye like she was sleepy. So CUTE! It was amazing to see her move around and have the reassurance that she was alive and moving. The reality of parenthood really set in for me at this point. She was moving all around and all I wanted was for this little beauty to be safe and healthy.

On a more up close and personal point. I discovered something last night as I was looking at the ultrasound pictures. We got a cute shot of her little feet. Well she has this little toe that is sticking out to the side all funny like. Now is where the personal side comes in. I have toes that are...well let's call them "unique." One time I was making a poster at a summer camp and we stepped in paint and then walked across the poster. Someone explained, "who only has four toes!" I looked down at my own feet to make sure that my roommate hadn't lost it in the middle of the night and cut off one of my toes. But to my relief all five were there. Well something I discovered soon there after was that all though I had all five of my toes, only four of them touch the ground. I really think I should be given a special handicapped parking pass for this "unique" trait. So our little girl might be bestowed with this "unique" trait as well, only time will tell.



By the way, you are not allowed to click on the picture of my feet to enlarge it!

4 comments:

  1. OH my gosh - those 3D ultrasound pictures are amazing! Wow!

    And ... I SO hope she has your toes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your little baby girl!! So exciting. She looks adorable, I can't wait to see pictures of her in a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN!!!! Little girls are the best. And how could you expect us NOT to enlarge the photo after you specifically said no. Made me look!!

    ReplyDelete