Monday, November 9, 2009

Trick or Treat

Well we know who the artist is in the family...come on look at that finely carved nose. No we didn't have stencils this was all done with original creativity. However, we are thinking of selling our ideas. I realized, once again, that I am like my students and can only concentrate on one thing for so long and then my ADD kicks in and I can't sit still in my seat. Donny on the other hand carved his pumpkin with a steak knife and two hours later finished his masterpiece...ok maybe it was only an hour and a half. It is pretty much perfect. Our ward had a trunk-or-treat and we took the pumpkins with us. We have decided that kids can really score big these days. They can hit numerous trunk-or-treats before the actual blessed candy filled holiday begins. It was nice to see kids wearing Halloween costumes that didn't have to be altered because they were worn over the top of a snow suit.

4 comments:

  1. Speaking of kids these days...we only had about six trick-or-treaters, which was pretty lame. But I asked our last batch of three what they were dressed up as and without hesitation they all gave me an incredulous look and gleefully shouted "We're pimps!" like I must be the dumbest lady on the planet to not know that and I nearly had to snatch my butter-fingers back and tell those kids that their mothers don't love them, but I'm just the dumbest lady on the planet not a Santa-clause spoiling witch, so I didn't. Yeah, kids these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the cutest couple. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Crystal and Donny, sittin' in a tree!" --Calyn
    "Happy Halloween you old goblin-heads." --Gavin

    ReplyDelete
  4. mom and dad told me all about your wards trunk or treat. It sounds like they get into it and have a lot of fun, thats awesome. I dig your pumpkins! you guys have some skills! soooo...... when is the race to see who gets prego pasta first? (ya thats code)ha ha ha ha.... jk

    ReplyDelete