Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Our Sweet Little Addie

On Saturday August 14th we went to the hospital at 7:30 am. We began the induction process shortly there after. We went through different induction procedures but my body didn't quite know what to do. It was a slow process but a very special one. I look back on the experience and can't help but smile I really loved every moment of it all. That doesn't mean I was in pain for most of it, but it is something that I am so excited to experience again. I loved the connection I felt with my Father in Heaven as I worked with Him to bring one of His most precious children in to this world for us to care for. Donny was there by my side every step of the way and was the support I needed at every moment. I was so grateful my sister Angie was able to be there for support as well. She and I have shared a lot of things throughout our lives and I loved sharing this moment with her and having her strength there. In the end I don't know who was more tired the two of them or me. On August 15th at 6:10 this precious little angel finally joined us. She weighed 8.1 lbs and was 20 3/4 inches long. As you can see she has a lot of cute blond hair that likes to stand straight up in the back. It is amazing how you can love someone instantly. The other day Donny said, "I feel like I've known her forever." She is as about as perfect as they come. When anyone came in to test her or prick her foot she would just grunt and take it but never cried. That is how she has continued to be. When she is hungry she grunts and lets us know she wants to be fed. We hardly get anything done anymore because we just love to sit and stare at our little Addie that we love so much!

2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely perfect. Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Crystal! She is gorgeous! That is so exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete