Thursday, September 9, 2010

Trip to AOA

This summer my family went out to visit my parents who are currently serving a mission in Adam-Ondi-Ahman. It was just us siblings and our spouses that could come = adventures! Donny went up to Utah for his sister's sealing but I wasn't able to go because I still had my last day of teaching and girls camp. So Donny drove to Utah on Friday and I stayed in Arizona. This was the first time we had been apart and it was not my favorite thing. On Thursday he flew out of SLC with my family and I flew out of Arizona. We met in Kansas City and it was a sweet reunion. I hadn't seen him or my family in a long time. Now here is where the adventures began. Rock had drove a 12 passenger van out to Missouri with some of his CES buddies a week earlier and this was now our mode of transportation. Keep in mind we had 13 adults and three of us were pregnant. Despite our numbers I think some of our fondest memories were in the big green van.

We drove to AOA where my parents are serving. This is such an amazing place. Pictures can't even begin to describe how beautiful this place is. It is beautiful farm land and open space. My dad, along with the other men keep the land looking beautiful and the women stay busy doing Family History work. We walked, ran, and rode our bikes through the sacred grounds and stood in awe at all we experienced, and the fire flies made it feel like we were part of a fairy tail. Here are a few of of the many pictures we took.
For Christmas my dad gave Donny some Wranglers. So that when he worked he could work in a "real man's" style. So he brought them on the trip to do some "real" work. Isn't he good lookin'.
We went to find this old covered bridge but the road that lead to it was covered in water due to all the rain they had been getting. So being the Permann bunch that we are, we all hiked up our pants and trudged through the water. I was just waiting for some big snake or crocodile to come out and attack some one.
Then we went to a Kansas City Royals baseball game. It was hot and humid and with the extra heat I was packin' it was a lot warmer. It was a lot of fun with good food and fireworks afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment