Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Belong to the Church of Jesus-Christ...

Our favorite neighbor Jackie just got baptized! It has been such a privilege to see her make changes in her life as she prepared for baptism. The spirit has been touching her for a while and she has been so prepared. It has been neat to see how different people in her life have helped to lead her to this point in her life. It made me realize once again the importance of sharing our light with others. As I sat in on the lessons that the Elders taught, when we went to the visitors center, or just visiting with Jackie I realized how important the simple things are. I know what my purpose is in this life and there are many that struggle with that. I know that even though I mess up each day that Jesus Christ died for me and everyone to help us overcome those times we fall short. I know I can live with my family FOREVER! I know this life is about finding joy in the journey. Donny and I went over to Jackie's one night after her baptism and we discussed the organization of the church and how it is the same today as it was when Christ was on the earth. I dusted off my cup analogy that I used on my mission (I know you are wondering how I still have these, they are great just need to update the 12 apostles) and we had one of the most exciting discussions about so many things about the church. I love the excitement of new members! We are so blessed to have a great friend that has reminded us that it is great to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.



3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so glad you still have those cups!!! I loved that so much... I keep telling Rod that I am going to bust mine out and show him that, because I think it would help him so much. Maybe next time I see him :)
    P.S. Guess who I found on facebook? Wren Tolman! You should look her up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you haven't kept yours updated? I totally update my cups all the time...Come on, Sister Permann :)

    ReplyDelete