Monday, October 12, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

We took a trip to Las Vegas to meet up with my mom, dad, Angie, Christina, and Nate (friend of Angie). We got to take Kim, a cousin that lives down here in Gilbert. I love road trips because it brings out the conversations that you don't usually talk about in "normal" conversations. We talked about everything from sharing your "days of the week underwear with your sister" to how the gun on "Duck hunt" works, if anyone knows the answer to this question please let us know. When we got to Vegas we went to M&M world where they have an entire wall lined with all the different types of M&M's.

Then Kim introduced us to frozen hot chocolate at Serendipity's, sooo good. It was like Christmas to get to see our family again. We all met up in front of the Balagio and watched the fountains. I love mom and dad's double 75 on the back of their shirts!

Then we went to the BYU vs UNLV game. It was so good to get to see the Cougs play, we have been going through college football with drawls. During half time I was standing out waiting for Donny and there was a man that approached me and asked what it meant to be "fully invested" (my shirt says this). So I explained what that meant and he said "so that's what you Mormons are all about." So I explained to him that it was a lot more than that. I got to talk to him about why life is so good. That despite our everyday trials Christ helps us get through them and even ENJOY them!! He told me that he was set financially and I told him that was great and important for sure but I asked him if he had purpose to life. He told me that there wasn't a whole lot of meaning there. It was really fun to just chat with this great man, Rich, about how life is so great with the Christ as the center of it. I love to travel and I think one of the biggest reasons is because we get to meet so many different people and find out about them and what makes them tick. Then I get to do the same for them. It was a great trip!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for blogging! Now that you're *SO* far away, I'm happy to keep in touch with your day to day!!

    ReplyDelete