Sunday, October 4, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Donny and I pulled in to Arizona one HOT night. We had some great friends and family unload a lot of our things that we sent down before we got there. We unloaded all of the things we had packed in to our two cars. We were soaked, never move to Arizona during the summer. We had a couple of weeks before Donny started school up so we spent those two weeks getting things situated...we didn't step foot in to Walmart or Target for a while after we finally had everything we needed. It finally feels like home to us. We love our location! We have family within a mile a way, our ward is A-MAZING, frys, the farmers market, and we have three pools to choose from (visitors are welcome). Donny started school and I stayed at home by the pool trying to keep my tan up, just kidding. I emailed every principal in the area and told them I was a certified Math teacher and if they needed any help I was more than willing. Well we figured I would just be substitute teaching for the year and then I was made aware that in some districts they weren't even accepting substitutes. Well only by divine intervention did the following take place. I got a call from Highland High School, the school I wanted to teach at, asking if I could come in for an interview on Monday. Well long story short there was a teacher that was unable to teach due to health reasons and they were in a bind and they had received my email saying I was a math teacher. I was hired on Tuesday and began teaching on Wednesday...at 6 AM, they have a class before normal school starts!!!! Fruitcakes, who wants to learn math at that time of day? Well the nice thing is I am done by 2. Donny is so good to get up and pack my bag and get breakfast ready. He is in midterms right now and works so hard. I am amazed at how much he reads everyday. He gets home and takes a little break and then is right in to his books. He is so great to take time for us as well. We are loving this time in our life we miss family but are grateful for this time we get to be in the Sunshine state.

2 comments:

  1. Love the blog... Keep it up. You know my sister lives in Gilbert and her kids go to Highland High. It is a great area and a great school. My niece is Jenessa Woods she has gorgeous red hair. Anyway look for her, she is a great kid. I am glad you two are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!! I love your guys' house! it's adorable! i can't wait to see it myself someday. :)I'm so happy you guys got a blog it's very exciting stuff. i love the bedspread by the way

    ReplyDelete